Pilots' Strike 8 September 2017

According to the BRS website the two early morning TCX flights on Friday seem to be operating - the departure website is showing 'Check-in Opens' followed by the time.

That's the 0620 to Mahon and the 0730 to Kefalonia.

The below newspaper link speaks of a judge's refusal to grant an injunction preventing the strike but says that all flights will operate tomorrow.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/thomas-cook-pilots-strike-friday-13582708

Pilots' Strike 23 September 2018

Thomas Cook have re-scheduled a lot of their flights tomorrow (Sat). Amongst the changes,

TCX 1048 Bristol-Almeria sched dep 0725 has been brought forward to 0330
TCX 1928 Bristol-Palma sched dep 0735 has been brought forward to 0410

Tcx have released a winter 18/19 timetable with no flights at all from brs to tfs . Mistake or are there more to come - I seem to remember talk of 3 aircraft in summer and 2 in winter ?

Tcx have released a winter 18/19 timetable with no flights at all from brs to tfs . Mistake or are there more to come - I seem to remember talk of 3 aircraft in summer and 2 in winter ?
No flights to TFS from Gatwick or Stansted shown either. There are several from LGW and two (one part winter) from STN this coming winter.

I'm always wary of tour companies releasing details of flights three seasons ahead. There are always going to be changes. It's bad enough looking at next summer when you can bet there will be changes to the original timetable whether TCX, TUI or whoever and not just from BRS.

That does seem unusual but perhaps they think there's overcapacity on the route and therefore no money to be made?

That does seem unusual but perhaps they think there's overcapacity on the route and therefore no money to be made?
Overcapacity at Gatwick as well?

Who knows but the locos have drowned out Tenerife with multiple flights daily from the big airports. I'm not saying that's the reason though, I really don't know but the yields wont be anywhere near as high on the route as they used to be.

It may be that for Thomas Cook Holidays using Easyjet at LGW and BRS for TFS flights may be a better option which can then release their aircraft for other routes especially if the Thomas Cook Airlines aircraft are tied up in Canada and Scandinavia.

There seems to be a reduction on TFS by TCX at a number of airports in winter 18/19 compared with the forthcoming winter 17/18. I've listed those airports that have winter TCX services, with winter 17/18 shown first. I've only included flights shown to be operating all through these winters. Some airports also have flights operating for only part of the winters.

BFS 3 1
BHX 2 2
BRS 2 0
EMA 4 4
GLA 7 2
LGW 3 0
STN 1 0
MAN 7 4
NCL 3 3

Could be something to do with TCX's agreement to switch some A321s to Air Transat in winter.

Tenerife 2018/19 now on sale twice a week
And with Thomas Cook Airlines shown as the carrier. There are still no BRS flights to TFS shown in the TCX 2018-2019 timetable although LGW-TFS now shows one weekly having been none a couple of days ago.

Could this, quite a substantial, reduction to TFS be to do with something that we are yet to know?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the ban been lifted from SSH airport by the British government in let's say October 2018? Judging by other posts, in other carriers threads (even in other airports forums), it would appear that Egypt is suddenly gaining quite an interest. Not only that i'm sure TOM and TCX feel safer going their in knowledge that Jet2 haven't got that on the radar, yet. With ZB no longer competition i would imagine Egypt will deliver some quite desirable yields and return on the asset over sending an aircraft 6 times a week to the over saturated canaries.

They've also now got time to plan seat capacity and frequency down to the Canaries without the sudden shock of ZB collapsing. I would not be surprised to see an A330 going MAN-TFS and MAN-ACE over the Winter 18/19 for TCX. This drives up yield, revenue and overall profit.

Also at airports like BRS Thomas Cook and TUI have the option of using the likes of Easyjet or maybe even chartering Norwegian to do flights to TFS while they use their aircraft to operate flights to Egypt.

Could this, quite a substantial, reduction to TFS be to do with something that we are yet to know?
If there is to be a reduction. BRS-TFS is bookable at 2 x weekly (Tue and Fri) in winter 18/19 on the TCX holiday website using their own airline and a flight has been added since Monday on the LGW-TFS timetable. It might be that the schedule will gradually return to something like it is this coming winter.

The 2018/2019 winter season is a long way away. All sorts of things can happen in the meantime.

And as ever TLY, who knows what is on the horizon. 2019 is brexit year isn't it to and when is that? Around March/April?
Technically 19th March 2019 but there has been a lot of talking about transition periods for businesses so i'd surprised if it was then.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock