Hi everyone

Antonov Design Bureau AN22 currently en route Manchester from Helsinki at 26,000 feet. Its 43 years old and expected at Man at 1145 with departure around 1400 or thereabouts subject to change as always.

Cheers from Bilko.
Apparently transporting an A330 engine (Rolls Royce) out to Cuba for a refit along with some equipment that I assume wouldn't be available there to carry out the refit. Not sure who the A330 belongs to, maybe TCX?

Hi again everyone

One question spring to my mind re the AN22 yesterday. I saw it's departure and I was surprised at the lack of smoke from it's engines.

On the Videos I've seen there was no smoke trail as I've seen from other Russian made aircraft, particularly the AN12 has this particular one had new engines installed to operate world wide to comply with strict regulations.

They looked like the original installed engines to me but without the tell tale smoke trails behind it.

Any replies gratefully received.

Cheers from Bilko

I think Mr Swan is hamming up that story to get as much compensation as possible. The only thing missing from that story was that ‘we nearly hit the orphanage for blind rabbits at the end of the runway’. Jesus.

Typical of today's society, somethings gone wrong, we're save, unharmed but someone's going to pay for this.
He should be congratulating the pilot for coping with the incident.
I am not surprised the support after was not very good, trying to find accommodation, transport for 300+ passengers is going to take time and they can't move someone from another job as they are 5000+ miles away

Inaugural service time:
07:45 Salzburg EW4388

Other notable bits and pieces expected:
Edelweiss A320 HB-IJW on LX390
Loganair Twin Otter G-HIAL on LM241

Last edited:
And Chinese/Korean/Japanese students heading home for Christmas.

OT.

I don't think thie impact of students from those parts can be underestimated. As the demographics change in the long run, many of these students should have an affinity for the area.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock