Status
Not open for further replies.
The original discussion was from the BA CityFlyer thread on the forum PPRuNe (known on here as "the dried plum").

Looking back on the discussion now, I think people were just asking "what are the chances of BA buying Flybe if BA expand further into the regions" as a hypothetical question.

However...it will be very interesting to see what happens with BA CityFlyer in the next couple of years because business travel out of LCY is likely to suffer if the UK-Brussels negotiations on Brexit go poorly (from the airline/travel industry point of view).
Also when cross rail opens Heathrow will be a lot more accessible to the Financial sector in the city. I personally would be surprised if BA bought Flybe but I could see continued expansion out side of London from Cityflyer.

The original discussion was from the BA CityFlyer thread on the forum PPRuNe (known on here as "the dried plum").

Looking back on the discussion now, I think people were just asking "what are the chances of BA buying Flybe if BA expand further into the regions" as a hypothetical question.

However...it will be very interesting to see what happens with BA CityFlyer in the next couple of years because business travel out of LCY is likely to suffer if the UK-Brussels negotiations on Brexit go poorly (from the airline/travel industry point of view).
Also when cross rail opens Heathrow will be a lot more accessible to the Financial sector in the city. I personally would be surprised if BA bought Flybe but I could see continued expansion out side of London from Cityflyer.

As has been mentioned by others, Brexit and Crossrail offer some of the biggest threats to BACF (and other) operations at LCY. Having read the PPrune thread on Flybe, I concur that it was just a suggestion by one of the posters rather than a rumour, regarding BA buying Flybe.

Willie Walsh has mentioned that IAG are studying the Bombardier CSeries for BACF, Aer Lingus and I think possibly Vueling/Iberia.

What I would like to see happen (and maybe have a good chance of happening?) is for BACF to get 15-20 CSeries aircraft and operate them exclusively from London City. The current fleet of 20 Embraers could then be redistributed across Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and either Glasgow or Edinburgh (or both). With even just 3 aircraft at each airport, BACF could really help connect these cities to key cities across Europe as well as popular "sun" destinations.

Flybe restart Hamburg today. Good to see this route served again so soon!

DEejsbhXUAEw3PC.jpg

In a major break from tradition Flybe have released a large part of their next summer schedule.

Unfortunately not a lot of good news as BHX shrinks back to 11 based at the moment with Berlin and Milan halved to single daily.

Toulouse is not bookable, Dussledorf remains at 4 daily as per winter but gets the 175 on the morning flight.

Amsterdam as BHX is short of flights so increased up to 7 daily with 6 by 175!!!!!

Aberdeen is once again BHX based but stupid times with the last outbound 15.30.

Newquay is showing 5 a week to start with and back daily by June and cuts on most French services with some not bookable.

Most of the winter cuts continue into summer although Spanish routes are to return at Southampton on the 195.

Could they be keeping their powder dry? I thought these routes were doing well.
Have they heard their might be competition and are waiting to react?
It may well only be phase 1. At CWL it does look like it's just Phase 1 of the release and it could be the same at BHX.

Don't Flybe wish there were none of their E195's based anywhere?:)
I think they would prefer E175s! But they do seem to be getting good use out of them and hopefully making money at airports like CWL and SOU.

Birmingham has a couple of E195's, for how long who knows.

It's definitely only a partial release with more to be added, given the noises they have been making recently I'd be very surprised if we didn't see cuts though.

Flybe seem to always be adding and removing routes. Not very stable. Strange business model.
Not sure if that is fair.The purge of routes a couple of years ago might be clouding the issue but they have
maintained a core of high frequency routes for some time now.They do appear to start and drop routes a lot
but that criticism could be directed at a lot of airlines.Vueling and Norwegian.to mention just 2 close to home.
Also some of the routes appear to be attempts to utilise aircraft at the weekend and some work some do not.
Think BA Cityflyer.

Amsterdam has 43 weekly Flybe flights for next summer, 7x daily Mon - Fri, 3 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. Quite a battle there with KLM also having 40 weekly flights.

Hamburg remains 6x weekly, daily except Sat.

It still looks as if more changes are to come.

If the Leeds programme is anything to go by, neither of its routes to Newquay, Belfast City or Dusseldorf had its scheduled updated last week. They all still show the winter frequencies, so I suspect the be a 2nd phase release.

PS: What aircraft type do Flybe currently use on the summer Saturday Birmingham - Innsbruck service? As it looks like the aircraft maybe w-legging to Leeds next summer.

Flybe don't fly to Innsbruck, the saturday charter flight this year is by Cityjet on an ARJ85, on a W pattern with a BRS aircraft.
Flybe are scheduled to operate to Innsbruck on Saturdays for summer 2018 from BHX & LBA. Aircraft is likely to be an E175

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock