Re: Airport Closed Due To Incident

The website says the airport is likely to open later today so it can't be anything serious.

I think it would be fair to say that DSA has just endured a 'week from hell' and now this. Very unfortunate.

When I first heard about it I though maybe the taxiway was still icy. Now that would have been a bit of a blow but since this looks like mechanical failure hopefully the airport won't feel an impact.

It's just as well it happened as the aircraft was taxiing and not during take off or landing.

I've changed the thread title so it has parity with the rest of Forums4airports.

Aviador

A report into a near miss when a Flybe aircraft and the Vulcan had to take avoiding action has been released. A telephone call distracting a radar operator has been highlighted.

_76978420_arp05doncasteraircraftcrash16_08_2014a.jpg

Local news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28814373

Doncaster's Robin Hood Airport is closed after an aircraft had a problem with its undercarriage while landing.
The LinksAir plane, which had two crew members and one passenger on board, was flying to the airport in South Yorkshire from Belfast City Airport.
The passenger was taken to hospital for checks after the incident on Friday at 19:30 BST, the airport said.
It added that the Jetstream 31 aircraft remained near the runway and could not be moved until investigators arrived.
A spokesperson said they were due at the airport at 08:00 BST.
In a statement, they said: "We apologise for the inconvenience caused and will work to reopen our runway as soon as possible."
The airport said passengers due to fly on Saturday morning were being checked in as normal but the flights would probably have to leave from other airports.

Thanks Muddycoffee,

At least nobody was injured in the incident with is the main thing. There will be some very challenging times ahead for the airline after the negative national coverage of the incident the airline could do without.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock