backtrack

Jun 24, 2009
Leeds, UK
This Boeing 757-200wl N19130 with "UNITED" titles visited last week to operate the CO service to Newark (EWR) from T2.

[rimg]http://tasreports.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/n19130-united-b757-200-w.jpg?w=630&h=345[/rimg]

They certainly don't appear to have spent much money on the 'new' livery - United name and Continental tail.

TheLocalYokel said:
They certainly don't appear to have spent much money on the 'new' livery - United name and Continental tail.

That was the plan...

I just don't think it looks right, for obvious reasons of course! I've flown Continental a few times, love the airline! odd to see it re branded!

I agree with pilot ben. It's two brands in a 'united' mish mash. I expect this will be an intermediate livery. It's a delicate thing marrying up two brands when both brands are successful which one do you get rid of. They basically have to reinvent the airline over the coming years.

the new MAN-IAD flight is bookable:

CO100 IAD2216 – 1020+1MAN 752 D
CO101 MAN1200 – 1508IAD 752 D 02MAY12-

Switches to UA100/101 in summer.

B767-300 to be used on EWR when aircraft are converted to J/Y service intl machines.

Overall aim is to re-start a 2nd EWR when aircraft are available and loads have stabilised.

Re: Continental Airlines / United

It looks like United have been tweaking their Washington to Manchester flights for this coming winter with the inbound flight 100 being brought forward by 4 hours to land at approx 6.15am rather than 10.20am. I assume the outbound has a similar alteration.

Not sure if this should be renamed "United Airlines" or a new thread started?

Do the UA flights to EWR and IAD remain on B757 all year? Is there much prospect of IAD going year round?

As was reported earlier on the BHX forum, United flights from EWR to selected European destinations (including MAN and BHX) are due to be upgraded to 767-300s for 2017.

Cheers! I do occasionally frequent the BHX forum but must not have spotted this.

As things stand, from MAN, UA serve EWR daily and IAD seasonally (albeit my understanding is that the service is dsily and the season is long).

Aside from the introduction of the B763s, do UA have any and to introduce new routes and/or increase frequencies (e.g. To EWR) in the short to medium term?

Dobbo, IAD normally does not operate between early January and the end of March. However, it resumes at only 5 x weekly I believe until late May/early June (I've not rechecked the exact date) and drops a frequency or maybe 2 fairly early in September. The full daily service has been for quite a limited period.

There was talk of United starting a Chicago service from MAN but that seems to have gone quiet. It was something of a surprise when they started a NCL-EWR flight.

A personal view, and I've no inside knowledge, is that we're more likely to see any modest expansion of routes by the main US carriers from MAN by DL or AA rather than UA. I did wonder whether UA might have considered going 2 x daily on EWR, perhaps at the expense of the IAD, but it may be that IAD attracts sufficient p2p business traffic to justify the separate destinations. With the extra capacity on New York now from DL and TCX, a second EWR is less likely I would have thought, but a B767 in line with AA & DL would be welcome.

Last edited:
Land 23R

Thanks for that. I am inclined to agree with you. Aside from EWR and IAD, I don't see much realistic scope for the operation to expand.

ORD is largely controlled by AA, and their move to the B788 may have been a preemptive one.

As has been noted, we might see DL/VS route to Detroit and AA may start Dallas.

For United, the options may be:

Houston
Denver
LA
San Francisco

I think the last two are out (for now) but how about Houston?

But the wierd thing is that when BD ran the route against AA, it was them dominating the market so UA should have been more than aware of the market that was theirs for the taking as there was minimal feed at our end of the route Perhaps it was a lack of aircraft that hindered them?

It may be a product of home market perception. If the "O" of the "O&D" is predominantly at the MAN end, those pax I suspect would be more likely to tap into a "home market" airline.

This might be the model employed by DL/VS. Use the UK brand to hoover up UK pax and drop them off at the U.S. hub?

My wife is on the incoming Washington flight UA 100 tomorrow morning, info she's heard from Washington is that it's only half full, not good considering it's only a B757 if its true

My wife is on the incoming Washington flight UA 100 tomorrow morning, info she's heard from Washington is that it's only half full, not good considering it's only a B757 if its true

Did your wife's experience of the flight reflect her info prior to boarding?

Did your wife's experience of the flight reflect her info prior to boarding?
Not sure about the plane as a whole I haven't had chance to ask her but certainly she said that there was no-one next to her and the guy behind had all 3 seats to himself

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock