With Turkey a popular destination for tourists why isn't it operated year round by TUI from Cardiff? Or at least into November like Paphos?

The first Dreamliner flight of the winter departed today. It was a P&O Cruises flight to Barbados on a 788 G-TUIE.

I've noticed Antalya is still in the dròp down with a Friday flight on the holidays website and the Friday Dalaman is still down as TBA for the carrier.
And the Dreamliner returns from BGI for P&O Cruises at 05.10 tomorrow morning.

Thomson are offering their own cruises on their Montego Bay flights and Barbados flights from CWL in winter 2017/18 and 2018/19 yet for some reason they don't have Caribbean available on the drop down. To find them you have to select All destinations.
Credit to the poster on WAF for the info.

First flight of the TUI winter long haul programme departed today to Montego Bay, Jamaica. The flight departed at 10.20 and G-TUIA is the 787 8 operating the flight.

Cardiff is 1 of 5 TUI UK bases that didn't get a new route for Summer 18. The others are Belfast International, Bournemouth, Exeter and Glasgow. TUI UK has 18 bases across the country.

G-TUII is today's 787 8 for the 11.55 Bridgetown departure. I'll be posting some photos of it and hopefully a video of it taking off later on today.

Also G-FDZJ is parked on stand 3 (assuming tech) and G-TAWK landed from Gatwick at 06.55 and is currently operating the 07.10 Malaga departure which departed at 08.05 according to SWAG .

Went down to the airport this morning to take some photos and video of the TUI Dreamliner departure to Bridgetown.

It looks like it will be G-TUIC that will operate the mornings arrival from Montego Bay which is scheduled to land at 06.25 am.

AYT now bookable on Monday's with TUI from 21st May with an away based carrier

AYT 17:05 - 19:40 CWL
CWL 20:40 - 03:05 AYT
So not then an allocation on Thomas Cooks flight then on Fridays. So that means there is a Dalaman on Fridays as TBA and an Antalya on Mondays. Freebird has bases at both airports so maybe it's possible it could be them?

2018-01-09-14-52-50-new-flights-and-holidays-to-antalya-for-welsh-holidaymakers-903-1-image1.jpg

9 JANUARY
New flights and holidays to Antalya for Welsh holidaymakers
TUI (formerly Thomson) the UK’s largest holiday brand, has today announced a new route to Antalya, Turkey for summer 2018 operating out of Cardiff Airport.

Holidaymakers from Wales will now have even more choice when it comes to booking a summer holiday, with TUI adding a new weekly flight to Antalya. Flights start in May 2018 and will operate every Monday.

The decision to add Antalya to the network is part of the holiday company’s plans to offer as much choice as possible, ensuring customers across the UK can fly from their local airport and stay at the best hotels TUI has to offer such as the 5T TUI Sensatori Resort Sorgun.

As well as new flights and holidays to Antalya, Welsh holidaymakers now have a wide choice of destinations to Turkey to choose from. When booking holidays from Cardiff this summer customers can choose between Antalya and Dalaman which is already on sale.

Karen Switzer, Director of Aviation Planning for TUI UK & Ireland, said: “We are delighted to be adding Antalya to our programme from Cardiff Airport for summer 2018. We will be flying to two destinations in Turkey this summer with the addition of Antalya and Dalaman to the network. In total we have over 20 destinations for customers to choose from when booking their holidays from Cardiff Airport. Holidaymakers in Wales now have wider access than ever before to our diverse collection of destinations and hotel concepts.”

Spencer Birns, Commercial Director at Cardiff Airport said: “We are delighted with TUI’s latest route announcement, adding even more exciting destinations for summer 2018 from Cardiff Airport. Turkey is a very popular destination for our customers, with TUI offering holidays to Dalaman and now Antalya. Today’s announcement is sure to be very popular with holidaymakers.”

Would be nice if the flights were on the Dreamliner like the one in the photo! Anyone know when they'll confirm the carrier?

Today's Bridgetown departure, which won't be departing until 12.35, will be operated by G-TUIC.
Is that the one that had it's nose bashed in?

Yeah it was G-TUIB not G-TUIC that was damaged. Not sure where though.

TUI's Antalya route will be operated by Freebird Airlines on Mondays and the Friday Dalaman flight will also be operated by them.
AYT-CWL 16.45-19.25 CWL-AYT 20.25-02.45 FHY591 and FHY592
DLM-CWL 06.00-08.20 CWL-DLM 09.20-15.30 FHY593 and FHY594

TUI Bridgetown arrival tomorrow is at 06.05 and apparently it departs for Bristol at 08.05 to operate their Bridgetown departure.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock