Perhaps someone should tell them that since they left us last, Leeds Bradford has dropped the 'International' bit. Lets hope people know what LBIAirport means!! Good to see though and a long time coming.

I do think that it is far too early to put NBE on sale from regional airports but i also think TCX want to be the first tour operator back well before TUI as it is one of their stronger markets that they shared with TUI. We all know that it is off the agenda for Jet2holidays.

It would well be an IT issue with the Thomas Cook holidays site.

PS/ If they were to drop NBE i wonder what would replace it? More Turkey? Canary Island?

The planned 2x weekly TUE & FRI Leeds-Enfidha service is still showing up on Amadeus website and bookable on the Thomas Cook Airlines flight only website. But it seems holidays are not currently bookable on the Thomas Cook Holidays website for some reason.

Last edited:
Heard that TCX have cancelled their SmartLynx dry-lease for LBA and on the Planned Operation for Swissport and LBA for next year they’ve been informed it will be an A32B.

Spoken to another friend who’s heard this rumour and he believes they’ll have to restrict the sale of seats due to the A321 performance issues at Leeds?

Can anyone confirm/deny?

The A321 doesn't perform as well as the A320 as it requires a longer take-off run. Basically the A321 is a similar size compared with the Boeing 757. It has almost the same number of seats with a standard set-up, but, as most of us are aware, the Boeing 757 is very much overpowered in comparison giving it a far better take-off performance from LBA. Similarly with the A321 landing performance, the A321 braking capabilities aren't as good as with the smaller A320 in comparison, likewise with the Boeing 757 counterpart.

The A321 doesn't perform as well as the A320 as it requires a longer take-off run. Basically the A321 is a similar size compared with the Boeing 757. It has almost the same number of seats with a standard set-up, but, as most of us are aware, the Boeing 757 is very much overpowered in comparison giving it a far better take-off performance from LBA. Similarly with the A321 landing performance, the A321 braking capabilities aren't as good as with the smaller A320 in comparison, likewise with the Boeing 757 counterpart.
Thomas Cook have had two A321s based at Bristol for several years and seem to manage all right. They use them for the Canaries and the Greek islands and next summer they will be starting Hurghada, presumably with the 321s.

BRS runway 2011 metres and, like LBA, above 600 feet AMSL. TORA at BRS is 1978 metres and 1938 metres on 09 and 27 respectively with LDA 1938 metres and 1876 metres. TUI operate their 787-8s to Cancun and Florida from this too.

You're not wrong there. The A321 can operate out of LBA, but the A320 is definately more suited.

I agree that In the past Airlines like Airtours/My Travel & BMI suffered at LBA due to operating the older early models of the A321s which were very under powered.
But that problem seems to have been ratified with newer versions operated by Thomas Cook Airlines. Just have to ask ex Monarch crews. They even use to accept CAT3 onto runway 32.

Don't forget that Onur Air used to work them to Turkey. A based A321 would be brilliant if they can do it.

If the A321 came it would definitely make a dint in the numbers that were lost from the sad demise of monarch. Would even say LBA will see growth if an A321 comes into LBA from TCX.

Heard that TCX have cancelled their SmartLynx dry-lease for LBA and on the Planned Operation for Swissport and LBA for next year they’ve been informed it will be an A32B.

Spoken to another friend who’s heard this rumour and he believes they’ll have to restrict the sale of seats due to the A321 performance issues at Leeds?

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I've just checked the seating plan for the LBA summer 2018 based Thomas Cook aircraft and its still currently showing Airbus A320 with 30x rows. (Economy Plus = Rows 1 + 2 & Economy = Rows 3 to 30)

Thanks to all.

I knew about the performance restrictions of the A321 at LBA from previous posts especially braking.

Thanks Lbaspotter! Suppose it will be a TCX aircraft just an A320 for now!

Reminder that we have the long awaited return of Thomas Cook Airlines liveried aircraft into Leeds/Bradford Airport this December 2017. They will be operating a day trip to up to Rovanieni on Thursday 14th as follows.

Leeds: 08:25 - Rovanieni: 13:30 / Rovanieni: 21:30 - Leeds: 22:45

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock