Well, just looked, both STN and BHX getting at least 2 extra aircraft and had 170 and 100 extra staff respectively. MAN only getting one(?) extra, so, 400 seems a stupidly large number?

Perhaps turnover of staff is part of the issue. I recall they are using larger aircraft at MAN, so perhaps part of the explanation is "new" roles which are actually replacement of existing roles but are described as "new" because they relate to different aircraft?

Perhaps turnover of staff is part of the issue. I recall they are using larger aircraft at MAN, so perhaps part of the explanation is "new" roles which are actually replacement of existing roles but are described as "new" because they relate to different aircraft?

Jet2 is a predominently summer operation and many of the jobs are seasonal. The airline drops back to a skeleton service during the winter months.

Your forgetting the hanger which contains engineering. No doubt that will see some expansion. Alongside the contact centre which is inside the Airport Hanger.

Then that would be your answer. Don't forget more flights from MAN, probably more on the 757 which requires extra crew and would probably all depend on the leased aircraft that they could be getting for next summer .. which will include the A330 which has been well publicised that it will be returning next year....

Your forgetting the hanger which contains engineering. No doubt that will see some expansion. Alongside the contact centre which is inside the Airport Hanger.

Where about in the hangar are the hangers and where on the hangers are the engineers?

Sorry couldn't resist...:eek:

Good point about the contact centre etc.

I take it the 400 jobs are all for MAN as the article states. Is LBA having a separate recruitment drive?

Yes all 400 are MAN.

The other bases have produced their own figures including 300 for LBA, 170 for STN and 100 for BHX.

Even accounting for seasonal turnover, 400 jobs seems like no one employed in 2017 is coming back for 2018!?

Jet2 will be using the A330 for some of its Manchester-New York flights.

I've not checked all dates, but 17th and 21st November have the A330 seat plan loaded.

So, just completed my first round trip on Jet2.

I'll post a trip report in the appropriate section later on, although I'll be honest, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Nothing specifically wrong with the airline, but after all the hype I had heard, I couldn't see anything different or special that set itself apart.

Anyway, will write it up as soon as I get a chance.

Good to see. I'm sure Jet2 and others will be working out how they can make hay from Monarch's demise.

As this is likely to result in many ex Monarch crew and employees having greater access to new employment opportunities, I have no problem discussing this.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock