Jet2's first widebody. Full credit to Daniel Luft

2jv18k.jpg

Jet2 have added a new route to Bergerac on Saturdays from May 26th 2018.

If I have time I will try to work out weekly flights/based aircraft etc later on.

Jet2 summer 18 overview so far:

Destinations: 43
Based aircraft: 16 (may need verification)
Weekly one way flights: 215 (430rtn flights)

Potential gaps for new routes/extra flights:
Mon: 1 am
Tue: 4am 4pm
Wed: 3am 7pm
Thu: 1pm
Fri: 1pm
Sat: 1am
Sun: 3pm

I don't keep a record of YOY increases/decreases but the frequency list is available. Off memory it seems Palma gets an increase with 4 daily Fri-Sun, Almeria goes 3 weekly, Verona and Bergerac are new, and I'm sure Antalya gets an extra flight too.

I've not checked to see where the A330 goes, but Know PMI/TFS are 2 benefactors (crazy to see PMI getting yet more capacity, as a side note, Thomson going up to 6 daily on PMI next summer with Tue or Thu seeing 2 dreamliners and one B767!).

No doubt more new routes to come, as Jet2 as yet have not announced any 'new' destinations from any bases (as in no routes they don't currently serve anywhere on the network), and given they do add at least 2 new destinations per year based on past announcements, one would expect this year to be no different.

Jet2 summer 18 overview so far:

Destinations: 43
Based aircraft: 16 (may need verification)
Weekly one way flights: 215 (430rtn flights)

Potential gaps for new routes/extra flights:
Mon: 1 am
Tue: 4am 4pm
Wed: 3am 7pm
Thu: 1pm
Fri: 1pm
Sat: 1am
Sun: 3pm .

Interesting to see those gaps on Wednesday afternoon for S18 so far. As we arrived back in MAN about 9pm on Wednesday, I was surprised how many Jet2 a/c were parked up remote. Must have been 7 or 8 and it didn't look as if they had been anywhere recently. Of course, it's still only Mid May so their summer program is probably not in full swing yet.

Interesting to see those gaps on Wednesday afternoon for S18 so far. As we arrived back in MAN about 9pm on Wednesday, I was surprised how many Jet2 a/c were parked up remote. Must have been 7 or 8 and it didn't look as if they had been anywhere recently. Of course, it's still only Mid May so their summer program is probably not in full swing yet.

Wednesday is the quiet day of the week for Jet2. Someone posted a couple of months ago that there were only 3 flights network wide for Jet2 on a particular Wednesday.

Jet2 look to be keeping the A330 for winter.

Currently, the new STN-EWR Christmas flights run on the A330 according to the seat plan.

Now, it could well be that Jet2 will be hiring in the A330 for just those 3 flights, or it could be the Air Tankar staying year round.

If it is the latter, then we can be sure that the aircraft won't be sat around not earning it's keep due to leasing costs, so, we could well see a few destinations getting increases in capacity.

G-VYGL has been out of action since the 27th after a hard landing at TFS. How are Jet2 handling the situation? I can imagine there being a considerable backlog of passengers.

Because Jet2's business model (until very recently) involved exclusively the use of older aircraft, they keep back-ups available to cover for unserviceability. Also, their flying programme is less intensive (per aircraft) than that of companies operating brand new frames such as Ryanair and EasyJet. So they have replacement aircraft which they can call upon inhouse. Each A332 flight has been covered by two others; either 2 x B738, 1 x B738 + 1 x A321; or 1 x B738 + 1 x B752. Only the original service homeward from TFS required an external sub-charter (Neos B763).

Looking ahead, Jet2's business model may adapt to more intensive use of inhouse aircraft on a routine basis as more brand-new B738's join the fleet. Less need to allow for contingency (we hope!). And higher aircraft values to offset.

CS-TFS came to Manchester just a week ago to be painted out of the Sri Lankan livery too. Didn't realise it would be back so soon!

In terms of the A330 on Jet2 flights, TFZ is operating the Prague flight. Nice upgrade for those pax!

That's some serious uplift. We know BHX is getting 2 based extra next summer and about 150 jobs, so what's MAN getting extra?

I know MAN has ground staff and hangar staff too, but, 400?!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock