Local airport forums for reviews, information & discussion supporting the aviation industry with local forums for passengers & frequent flyers as well as enthusiasts, spotters & flight deck crews supporting the airport & airline industry.

• Advertisement

It's completely FREE to join Forums4airports

Not registered with us yet? It's completely FREE to REGISTER and it only takes a moment to do.

Already registered with us? Show us your support by login on and making a post!

Jet2.com

Our local forum for Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA),All the latest information about Leeds Bradford Airport, the UK's 14th largest international airport situated in Leeds, the UK's largest financial centre outside of London. Discussion forum for passengers, spotters and enthusiasts.(LBA/EGNM).
Passenger numbers 3,277,707m, Oct 2013
Leeds Bradford Airport Photo Gallery
Information:
Quick links:
Board Index | Photo Gallery | Trip Reports | Spotters | Frequent Flyer | Worldwide Airlines | Worldwide Airports | Feedback

Aviation Forum for Leeds Bradford Airport for discussions about all aspects of the airport. Our Leeds Bradford Airport Forum is ideally suited to Passengers, Frequent Flyers, Enthusiasts, Aircraft Spotters and Industry Professionals alike. Feel free to register and join in discussions. Visit our Leeds Bradford Airport Photo Gallery and our Yeadon Airport Nostalgia Gallery where you can upload your aircraft photos directly to Forums4airports. This is the only dedicated aviation forum to discuss all aspects of Leeds Bradford Airport.

Re: Jet2.com

Postby rmac » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:40 pm

I see the subject of aircraft stands has come up again and the lack of them holds back an expansion from Jet2. I understood from previous postings that when the airlines, notably Jet2 and Ryanair were ready to expand with more aircraft then the airport would build more stands. There appears to be space for these and building new stands, whilst not a five minute job, is relatively straightforward and would not take forever to complete. It is natural to expand at MAN where the market is huge, bringing in potential customers from Liverpool to Leeds, Sheffield to Blackpool, etc. Whenever Jet2 or whoever can see a potential for a new route from Leeds that will make money I am sure they will do it, as they have in the past, after all there is still a sizeable leakage over the Pennines.

These users thanked the author rmac for the post:
Aviador
Rating: 5.26316%

rmac
Premium Member

Advertisement

Visit the Forums4airports Airline Forum
Visit the Forums4airports Airline Forum

Postby Aviador » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Leeds has so many undeserved destinations it's better we serve the ones we've got properly before worrying about branching out to new places. One of the main reasons Jet2 has been so successful is because Leeds Bradford Airport is so undeserved and it has been for decades. Jet2 will always argue they have done all the hard work but with a completely underutilised catchment area Leeds has, Jet2 has had an easy ride along the way.

LBA has now reached saturation point and whether Bridgepoint want to admit it or not, it cannot grow any further without significant on-site investment. Bridgepoint need to decide now what they want to do with the airport. If they don't want to invest in this thriving airport they should let somebody else who does.

These users thanked the author Aviador for the post:
yorkie40

Aviador
Administrator

Postby lbaspotter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Good point and well researched out "imagineif", Also I agree Jet2 have to go where the money is like any other business would do its just a shame they cant expand any more due to the airport. Its the same old repeating story yet again! "what's LBA's loss will be MAN's gain"

As I see things, will your average Jet2holiday punter or ex-pat really know that they have the option to use a one-stop British Airways or KLM service getting from Leeds to Toulouse via Heathrow or Amsterdam? Surely all they will do is log onto there favourite airlines website www.jet2.com, then realize they can't fly from Leeds any more but still have the option to fly direct with Jet2 by travelling 40 miles over the M62 to Manchester...

These users thanked the author lbaspotter for the post (total 2):
imagineifAviador
Rating: 10.52632%

lbaspotter
LBA Moderator

Postby airforced » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:02 pm

The answer to your rhetorical question lbaspotter is an obvious NO but they would most certainly prefer not to have to endure the M62 and the early morning scrum in MAN T1 which is horrendous. I thought the airline business was all about serving your existing customers well so that they will return to you frequently and to grow their market by innovation and the provision of new routes to stimulate that market and so enhance their total market share.

Jet2 are successful in the customer care business and get a lot of repeat business, particularly from LBA where they have a very sound customer base. I'm less sure about their willingness to innovate to grow market share though new routes but I agree that Bridgepoint could well be holding them back at Leeds by failing to address the aircraft stand shortage in a timely fashion.

I've only traveled through MAN three times in the last few years (T3 x 1, T2 x 1 and T1 x 1) and after the last occasion (T1 Jet2 Funchal) I vowed never to return, so come on Bridgepoint get your finger out and encourage our resident carriers to expand their offerings from LBA.

The Funchal trip was then only available from MAN but is now available from LBA too which shows that Jet2 can operate the same destination from both airports if they have a mind to do so.

These users thanked the author airforced for the post:
Aviador

airforced
Premium Member

Postby Tarn Spotter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:55 pm

had fun landing at 14.00 hrs on Ls186 from malaga this afternoon, pilot decided at the last possible moment to abort the landing due to high winds when we were almost on the ground.
we really got thrown about on our second approach but made it without a problem to land. Instead of 10 minutes early we became 10 minutes late, a lot better then a trip to Manchester.
Plane full on both sectors 17th March and today, but malaga so quiet, we worry about LBA, but have been going to malaga for 60 years and the situation is getting grave on the financial front.
THis morning in zone B between 10am and midday, just three flights, the Leeds, jet2, a Manchester flight not sure airline and one to Moscow, as with everywhere in spain it is only Russian money keeping it going. There was probably no more then 250 people in the terminal, 10 years ago would be 1500 plus.
U.K. economy may be going forward, but the Frence, Dutch, Spanish etc are struggling big time
Tarn Spotter
Star Contributor

Postby Bigman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:45 am

Good to see some new routes from Jet2. At least punters to Malta will have an alternative to Ryanair. I bet there are still loads of people who go over the M62 rather than fly with Ryanair, especially those looking for proper IT packages. Turkey seems to be doing well so more flights seem to be sensible.

It will be sad 'Toulouse' Toulouse (apologies for the word play there) and La Rochelle, but lets face it...they are once a week routes to cities. Not conducive to businessmen or anyone who doesn't want to go there for a week.

Always nice to see a new Greek destination though.
Bigman
Respected Member

Postby airforced » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:59 am

I've just seen LS251 (EXS84XG) to Faro land back after taking off at 0810 and then circling for about 40 minutes, presumably burning off fuel. The aircraft, according to FR24, was G-GDFL. Anyone know what the problem is?
airforced
Premium Member

Postby Turbulence » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Correct. It was heavy so had to burn some juice to bring it under the MLW. Avionics and LNAV/VNAV issues for FL so I hear, operated on sby 733.

These users thanked the author Turbulence for the post:
airforced

Turbulence
Second Appraisal

Postby cmj » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 am

lbaspotter wrote:Good point and well researched out "imagineif", Also I agree Jet2 have to go where the money is like any other business would do its just a shame they cant expand any more due to the airport. Its the same old repeating story yet again! "what's LBA's loss will be MAN's gain"

As I see things, will your average Jet2holiday punter or ex-pat really know that they have the option to use a one-stop British Airways or KLM service getting from Leeds to Toulouse via Heathrow or Amsterdam? Surely all they will do is log onto there favourite airlines website http://www.jet2.com, then realize they can't fly from Leeds any more but still have the option to fly direct with Jet2 by travelling 40 miles over the M62 to Manchester...

I suspect for the 'average punter' going on hols with a family it may be less pain to drive over to MAN and take one flight, rather than connect in LHR or AMS.
cmj
Premium Member

Postby airlinesluke » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Looks like G-GDFC has just positioned from Norwich to Bournemouth presumably for paint following the scrape and repair work in Funchal.

These users thanked the author airlinesluke for the post:
LBA787

airlinesluke
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Leeds Bradford Airport Forum