Silvercity

Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Portugal
As reported in " route development " new route Liverpool to Keflavik, twice a week from November, fares showing as £133.00 return.

This is a new scheduled destination from Liverpool as far as I know. US connections are interesting, I would imagine this could be interesting for in-bound tourists to Liverpool from the US, being the city is so well known.

Last edited:

Liverpool John Lennon Airport announces new connection to Iceland and the USA​

05/04/2022

Liverpool John Lennon Airport has announced its newest airline partner PLAY – an Icelandic low-cost carrier, which will link Liverpool to Reykjavik for the first time.​

There will also be seamless connections available to their USA services including New York, Boston, Washington and Orlando.
Flights are set to commence from Liverpool on 4th November 2022, operating on Mondays and Fridays using the carrier’s fleet of brand-new Airbus neo family aircraft.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Credit: PLAY
The service gives Liverpool, the wider North West and North Wales passengers the chance to book affordable flights to PLAY’s transatlantic destinations via Reykjavik from as little as £149.99.

MORE - WATCH & WIN: A trip for two to beautiful Belfast with Radisson Blu

Birgir Jónsson, CEO of PLAY, said:​

“The UK has always been a particularly important market for us, so to announce a second route within a year of launching is an exciting milestone for the company. We look forward to welcoming passengers from the North West region and beyond, to help them on their journey to Iceland or to the USA. We are a no-frills airline, but with our reliable and affordable flights, PLAY’s passengers can spend their hard-earned money in their holiday destination, rather than on getting there.”
Liverpool-airport.png

Paul Winfield, Director of Aviation Development for Liverpool John Lennon Airport, commented:​

“It is fantastic to welcome such an exciting airline brand as PLAY and Reykjavik as a new destination to the Airport’s expanding route network.

Iceland is a destination which we know will prove popular with our passengers, along with the airline’s excellent connections to the USA. North America is one of the most popular destinations for North West consumers and it is great that passengers from across the region will soon be able to fly from Liverpool direct to Iceland and onward seamlessly to the USA, taking advantage of all the benefits of flying from the North West’s Faster, Easier and Friendlier airport of choice.

This will be another important link for the region’s visitor economy too, making it easy for Icelanders and Americans wanting to visit the Liverpool City Region, the North West and North Wales to fly to Liverpool.”
Flight times on Mondays and Fridays:
Depart Liverpool: 10:50 Arrive Reykjavik/Keflavik: 13:40
Depart Reykjavik/Keflavik: 07:00 Arrive Liverpool: 09:30

One-way tickets to Iceland will start at £59.99, bookable here.

Got a story you would like to share with us? Email us at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter, ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- and Instagram for regular updates for Liverpool.​

Some more articles " Business Traveller "

Play announces Liverpool-Orlando route via Reykjavik​

5 Apr 2022 by Hannah Brandler

PLAY-airbus-Birgir-Steinar-Birgisson

Icelandic low-cost carrier Play has added flights from Liverpool to Orlando to its winter schedule.
The airline will operate twice-weekly flights (on Mondays and Fridays) from Liverpool John Lennon airport to Orlando International via Reykjavik from November 4, 2022 until April 10, 2023.
Tickets are currently on sale and start from £149.99 to Florida, while fares to Iceland start from £59.99.
The airline already has plans to operate flights from London Stansted to Orlando International via Reykjavik on September 30, 2022.
Play currently operates three A320 neo aircraft, with plans to double its fleet by this summer.
Birgir Jonsson, CEO of Play, said:
“The UK has always been a particularly important market for us, so to announce a second route within a year of launching is an exciting milestone for the company. We look forward to welcoming passengers from the North West region and beyond, to help them on their journey to Iceland or to the USA. We are a no-frills airline, but with our reliable and affordable flights, PLAY’s passengers can spend their hard-earned money in their holiday destination, rather than on getting there.”
Paul Winfield, director of aviation development for Liverpool John Lennon Airport, commented:
“It is fantastic to welcome such an exciting airline brand as PLAY, and Reykjavik as a new destination to the Airport’s expanding route network.
“Iceland is a destination which we know will prove popular with our passengers, along with the airline’s excellent connections to the USA. North America is one of the most popular destinations for North West consumers and it is great that passengers from across the region will soon be able to fly from Liverpool direct to Iceland and onward seamlessly to the USA.”
flyplay.com

Well done Liverpool :)
Thanks , hope its well received.

PLAY to Liverpool and Geneva​

April 5, 2022​

PLAY has added two new destinations to its schedule for winter 2022 and 2023 with flights to Liverpool in England and Geneva in Switzerland. PLAY will operate flights two times a week, on Mondays and Fridays, to and from Liverpool John Lennon Airport, starting in November 2022 until mid-April 2023.
Geneva is PLAY’s new ski destination in 2023. PLAY will operate flights to and from Geneva Airport two times a week from February 1 to March 23.
PLAY´s decision to operate from John Lennon Airport will open up a new route between Liverpool and the United States of America. PLAY will operate four destinations in the U.S. next winter, Washington, New York, Boston and Orlando.

„The UK has always been a particularly important market for us, so to announce a second route within a year of launching is an exciting milestone for the company. We look forward to welcoming passengers from the North West region and beyond, to help them on their journey to Iceland or to the USA. We are a no-frills airline, but with our reliable and affordable flights, PLAY’s passengers can spend their hard-earned money in their holiday destination, rather than on getting there,“ says Birgir Jónsson, CEO of PLAY.

This airlines seems to have their marketing up and running fast after their route announcement which is good to see.Not every airlines is so prepared so quickly.

They don’t waste time then do they!?

They will want people to know about ASAP so they get people booking.

The reason Orlando was dropped was because they had planned to take delivery of an A321LR which has changed to an A320Neo

First flight by Play arrives from Iceland this morning at 10.15 . Flight OG 810 A320
Post automatically merged:

Photos and info from Twitter

crew here in Liverpool today, but the bright red shone through as the Icelandic airline landed at LJLA for the first time!
3:59 PM · Oct 7, 2022
·Sprout Social
Retweets
Last edited:
Arrival of Play Airlines today with welcome from airport.

Giving a warm Liverpool welcome to our newest airline, PLAY! 🔴

PLAY provide a direct service from Liverpool to Reykjavik, with onward connections to New York, Boston and Washington DC.

It’s great to finally have them here! 🇮🇸🇺🇸
PLAY arrive at Liverpool John Lennon AirportFedJb5hWQAYlAww.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

Arrival of Play Airlines today with welcome from airport.

Giving a warm Liverpool welcome to our newest airline, PLAY! 🔴

PLAY provide a direct service from Liverpool to Reykjavik, with onward connections to New York, Boston and Washington DC.

It’s great to finally have them here! 🇮🇸🇺🇸
PLAY arrive at Liverpool John Lennon AirportFedJb5hWQAYlAww.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock