TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
This occurrence reportedly involves three airlines and three airports according to a report in The Scotsman newspaper. See below link to story.

This week the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their young children flew from Norwich to Aberdeen with Flybe, an occurrence that has seen a lot of press coverage given that Flybe is perceived as a 'budget airline', and it contrasts with the publicity recently afforded the Duke's brother who, with his wife and young son, reportedly took advantage of an offer by the entertainer Elton John to use his private jet for a number of private engagements.

However, The Scotsman reports that aircraft were switched and flown empty to accommodate the Royal party (it must be said that it seems clear that this was certainly not at the behest of the Duke of Cambridge or his staff).

Eastern Airways flies the route on behalf of Flybe but they in turn use Loganair to fly for them. According to the report Flybe wanted to maximise publicity and use an aircraft in Flybe livery so an empty Eastern E145 in Flybe livery was flown from Humberside to Norwich, and this aircraft operated the flight from there to Aberdeen with the Royal party and other passengers.

The Loganiar E145 that should have flown that sector was reportedly positioned with no passengers from Norwich to Aberdeen so that it would be available to operate the next scheduled sector from there.

Eastern says it swapped the aircraft so it would be “wholly compliant and in control of the operation”. Flybe denied the switch was for publicity purposes and said the decision was entirely Eastern's.

The Scotsman says that the two empty flights cost around four tonnes of carbon.

Whichever senior person at Eastern made the decision was either naive or unconcerned because he/she ought to have known that the matter of the empty flights would reach the press, and any positive publicity gained by the airline would be counteracted by the fuel burn and carbon criticism. Why would they need to switch anyway (assuming we believe the denial that it was for publicity purposes)? Loganair is a perfectly able UK-registered airline as is Eastern, and Flybe for that matter.

This occurrence reportedly involves three airlines and three airports according to a report in The Scotsman newspaper. See below link to story.

This week the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their young children flew from Norwich to Aberdeen with Flybe, an occurrence that has seen a lot of press coverage given that Flybe is perceived as a 'budget airline', and it contrasts with the publicity recently afforded the Duke's brother who, with his wife and young son, reportedly took advantage of an offer by the entertainer Elton John to use his private jet for a number of private engagements.

However, The Scotsman reports that aircraft were switched and flown empty to accommodate the Royal party (it must be said that it seems clear that this was certainly not at the behest of the Duke of Cambridge or his staff).

Eastern Airways flies the route on behalf of Flybe but they in turn use Loganair to fly for them. According to the report Flybe wanted to maximise publicity and use an aircraft in Flybe livery so an empty Eastern E145 in Flybe livery was flown from Humberside to Norwich, and this aircraft operated the flight from there to Aberdeen with the Royal party and other passengers.

The Loganiar E145 that should have flown that sector was reportedly positioned with no passengers from Norwich to Aberdeen so that it would be available to operate the next scheduled sector from there.

Eastern says it swapped the aircraft so it would be “wholly compliant and in control of the operation”. Flybe denied the switch was for publicity purposes and said the decision was entirely Eastern's.

The Scotsman says that the two empty flights cost around four tonnes of carbon.

Whichever senior person at Eastern made the decision was either naive or unconcerned because he/she ought to have known that the matter of the empty flights would reach the press, and any positive publicity gained by the airline would be counteracted by the fuel burn and carbon criticism. Why would they need to switch anyway (assuming we believe the denial that it was for publicity purposes)? Loganair is a perfectly able UK-registered airline as is Eastern, and Flybe for that matter.
Except it's really Flybe getting the negative PR not Eastern. I'd also have thought that they'd changed the aircraft so Loganair couldn't capitalise on any PR of the Royals being on their aircraft.

• Admin
Except it's really Flybe getting the negative PR not Eastern.
I meant Flybe when I said, "...........any positive publicity gained by the airline would be counteracted by the fuel burn and carbon criticism".

Flybe had apparently gained some brownie points initially because the aircraft used by the Royals was described as a Flybe aircraft in press reports.

I'd also have thought that they'd changed the aircraft so Loganair couldn't capitalise on any PR of the Royals being on their aircraft.

That seems to be what the press article is implying, despite the denials of Flybe and Eastern Airways.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock