Sometimes you need the "face to face" meeting to discuss your business, not teleconferencing. (Is that English?)

I wonder if the AMS service will be up graded now to a 737 aircraft from a e190 aircraft with the covid 19 measures put on Holland in the form of quarentine for 14 days.

I wonder if the AMS service will be up graded now to a 737 aircraft from a e190 aircraft with the covid 19 measures put on Holland in the form of quarentine for 14 days.
Depends on what the traffic is, i'd expect the bulk of it to be onward connections rather than p2p. Might effect Easyjet more than KLM.

KLM Cityhopper increases to 2 x daily tomorrow (1025 and 1725 departures from BRS to AMS) with 3 x daily from Tuesday 2 September for most of September (0620, 1025 and 1725 departures) although Mondays seem to be 2 x daily in September as do a handful of other days in the month.

Then from the start of October it reduces to 2 x daily before returning to 3 x daily on 25 October, after which the usual 4 x daily kicks in from the beginning of November. I suspect rhough that all of this will depend on the progress of the pandemic.

Monday 31st August - First night-stopping aircraft since pre-COVID?

E175 (PH-EXJ) overnights tonight, possibly the first night-stopping KLM since March?

Monday 31st August - First night-stopping aircraft since pre-COVID?

E175 (PH-EXJ) overnights tonight, possibly the first night-stopping KLM since March?
I dont know of any other night stoppers. They cut the service for at least 3 months,then restarted with 1 a day with a fairly early turn around rotation.

November reduced to 14 x weekly from 27 x weekly.

No KLM flights at the moment until 5 February then once daily for a while except on 6 and 9 February.

However, from tomorrow KLM has axed all its long-haul routes following new Covid-19 rules imposed by the Dutch government, including a requirement for passengers and crew to show evidence of a second negative rapid coronavirus test taken just before departure.

This might well have an impact on feeder flights into AMS from the UK and other countries.

Two KLM departures tomorrow - both in the morning. Two are also shown in the timetable for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The second daily seems to continue at four days a week (not always the same days) for the remainder of the month, with the other flight operating daily.

From 2 August the frequency increases to 3 x daily at least six days a week. That's what's in the booking engine now. Whether it still will be when August arrives we shall have to wait and see.

Three KLM departures to AMS today. Haven't seen that for a while. From the booking engine it seems a one-off until the first week in January when three daily departures are shown. Whether that will actually happen must be open to doubt with Omicron.

KLM reductions in Sep/Oct 22.
KLM over the last few weeks have gradually filed frequency reductions for most of their European services for the months of September and October 2022. All UK airports will see less services operate than originally planned and most airports will see their planned flights reduced by around 21%. KLM has reduced the BRS schedule by around 29-34%, but luckily easyJet will still be operating up to 3x daily flights.

In summary;
- BRS was planned to have 90x departures in September which has now been reduced to 59. There will be only 2x flights a day both operating with E190s, with night-stopping aircraft on Mon, Tue, Thu and Sat.

- In October there were 87x departures planned which has now been reduced to 62. There are also 2x flights a day (3x on Sundays) with night-stopping aircraft on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun.

KLMs new Embraer E195-E2s are scheduled to operate the evening flights on Wed 7th Sep, Thu 6th Oct and Thu 13th Oct which I believe will be the first time the type will have visited BRS for any operator? They seat 132 vs the E190s capacity of 100.

If anyone has recently tranferred to an internal Schengen flight at Schiphol, do pax have to go through transit security or just passport control? TIA

If anyone has recently tranferred to an internal Schengen flight at Schiphol, do pax have to go through transit security or just passport control? TIA
Just passport control, and there's a special short connection lane too.

After passport control there is a section for baggage screening to the right, but I always just head straight out towards the gates and that's never been a problem. I tend to travel relatively light though, hand baggage wise. I don't know under what circumstances they'd direct you into the screening area.

from the UK connecting to a schengen it is just passport control - this is near the start of the D pier and the schengen gates are beyond that in C/B. there is no security screening coming from the UK in to AMS.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock