Jul 10, 2016
UK
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the demand from Scotland to
-SFO
-LAX
-IAD
-IAH
-ORD

Numbers would be great but otherwise in what order you perceive it to be - how much demand?

Don't have any numbers to back this up but i would've thought demand for LAX would be good considering Holywood, Disneyland and short connection flights to Las Vegas.
ORD because of all the connection possibilities to other parts of the US.
IAH because of the oil industry though it has taken a plummet recently.
IAD because of the political aspect.
SFO honestly not sure about it as the Bay area itself is popular with tourism but it doesn't have the family holiday draw that LAX does with Disneyland though it goes have great hub connections to the west coast so does LAX.
It's a difficult one as there is a market for US flights from Scotland but could they really expand it beyond a couple of flights to the New York area and access the west coast more than twice weekly? Especially given all the hub connections they have. I'm pretty sure MAN doesn't even have a daily LAX flight.

The Scotland to USA market it's fairly large. It is hard to judge demand for any one destination without actual airline figures, which you won't have much chance of getting.

For 2017 GLA&EDI will have a fair share of US flights. First week in July for example.

GLA
EWR UA- Daily
PHL AA - Daily
JFK DL- Daily
MCO VS - 4weekly
MCO TCX- 6weekly
LAS TCX- 2weekly
SFB TOM- 3weekly

EDI
EWR UA - 2daily
JFK DL- daily
JFK AA- daily
SFB- 1 weekly
ORD- 1 daily

So lots of flights from Scotland to the USA, demand is high and lots of people still still flood to MAN etc. Many people also fly from LGW/LHR with BA.
The marker will probably grow more over the years but what destinations will be served remains to be seen.

BOS is definitely one to watch for Scotland with the large VFR and tourism markets - this could be two weekly.

Aside from this, what I am asking is; if the Scotland to USA market was to be expanded by whatever airline in terms of new routes - what would it be?
I would assume LAX or IAD.

Not sure how many people go through MAN or indirect elsewhere to these destinations and is there a political traffic between EDI and IAD. Perhaps on a three weekly basis?

BOS is definitely one to watch for Scotland with the large VFR and tourism markets - this could be two weekly.

Aside from this, what I am asking is; if the Scotland to USA market was to be expanded by whatever airline in terms of new routes - what would it be?
I would assume LAX or IAD.

Not sure how many people go through MAN or indirect elsewhere to these destinations and is there a political traffic between EDI and IAD. Perhaps on a three weekly basis?

For leisure to BOS,LAX etc it would most likely be TCX at GLA, although B6 could start to GLA/EDI.

I doubt much political traffic exists between EDI and IAD exists but other traffic could be a different story.

VS could grow more and open a base at GLA as more A330s are released from LHR and A350s arrive.

Would an EDI/GLA-IAH route work on behalf of the ABZ area (perhaps EDI is more suitable) for the oil traffic?

I am not looking for an airline that could start it, as I don't think there is a viable one but could something like three weekly A330 work for Scotland to Houston?

For EDI-BOS, I could see DL doing it with a 752 like they have announced with DUB.

I don't think IAH will start from Scotland anytime soon, the oil downturn won't help a business case. Even so it's a 2.30hr journey from ABZ to GLA/EDI you'd be quicker using LHR.

DL on BOS is unlikely as they don't have a large TX presence from there, JetBlue/Norwegian are the most likely contenders, JetBlue are rumoured to be looking at launching GLA in the future. TCX would do well at GLA with US routes such as JFK,MIA etc. They are reportedly very pleased with LAS and MCO.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock