Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
So we've had favourite music threads and favourite movie thread so I thought it was about time we had a thread for the grog. What's your favourite tipple? What's the most unusual drink you've ever had? Are you drinking now, tell us what you're drinking?

The most unusual drink I've ever seen was in Harvey Nichols in Leeds. It was 60% proof and looked like an oil slick. I wasn't prepared to pay for the privilege of trying it and I've not been able to find out what it was called since.

My favourite spirit is whiskey and I'm partial to the occasional dram of Talisker. It's peaty but I've learnt to enjoy it.

Talisker-Scotch-Whisky-10-year-old.png

My favourite beer is Leeds Pale. A smooth tasting beer with now bitter after taste that you get with some beers. I'm also partial to the odd pint of JW Lees, a beer you tend not to see outside of Manchester.

images

My favourite wine is probably Pinot Grigio

Pinot-Grigio_detail.png

I don't really have a favourite lager. I think they all taste the same but I don't mind drinking Carling or any of the main brands out there.

My favourite non alcoholic drink is Fentimans Dandilion & Burdock and that's what I'm drinking right now.

LN_082540_BP_10.jpg

Talisker is definitely a favourite of mine along with Laphroig, another peaty single malt.

images

Real Ales is a difficult one as many seem to disappear as quickly as they arrive. I had a couple of pints of a beer called Nemesis in a pub in Derbyshire, I bet I'll never see it again. Of the regulars though I'd probably single out Marstons Strong Pale Ale as a long term favourite.

MarstonsStrongPaleAle.jpg

When it comes to wine I much prefer red (although I do drink white) with my current favourite being Malbec.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

If drinking white I generally have whatever Mrs F buys. I did have an amazing Unoaked Chardonnay in Western Australia which I can't fine here.

Lager isn't something that I drink regularly but when I do I prefer the Stella's, San Miguel's or Grolsch's. I do like a cold lager on a hot day when abroad though with Mythos being one of my favourites.

As for Non alcoholic drinks it's usually water or fruit juice, not forgetting a good old cup of tea. I do like a cream soda from time to time though.

Beer

Butcombe, a local Bristol area brewery

Wine

Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc - white
Merlot, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon - red
Port at the end of a meal

Spirits

Scotch whisky or Irish whiskey - not too bothered about the distiller or even whether it's single malt.
I also enjoy brandy so long as it's of a reasonable standard. I sometimes have a glass of port after a meal if out somewhere. I don't mind the odd shot of vodka or rum but one thing I do not like is gin.

Favourite beer,anything from the Speckled Hen stable.Hens revenge or Hens tooth go down nicely.

Favourite spirit,a bit more difficult.A toss between Glenmorangie Malt Whiskey,or Remy Martin cognac.

I also love cider,Pear cider being very refreshing,especially this time of year.

Any Mosel white wine goes nice with a Sunday dinner.

Don't really do white spirits,gin vodka etc.

• Admin
Beer

Butcombe, a local Bristol area brewery

Wine

Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc - white
Merlot, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon - red
Port at the end of a meal

Spirits

Scotch whisky or Irish whiskey - not too bothered about the distiller or even whether it's single malt.
I also enjoy brandy so long as it's of a reasonable standard. I sometimes have a glass of port after a meal if out somewhere. I don't mind the odd shot of vodka or rum but one thing I do not like is gin.

No mention of cider from cider country?

It's probably a few years now since I was in your neck of the woods but I remember being gobsmacked by the choice of ciders even in small local co-op branches.

• Admin
I recall a cider called Shock that used to come in a light bulb shaped bottle. An amazing drink but you can't get it any more.

images

No mention of cider from cider country?

It's probably a few years now since I was in your neck of the woods but I remember being gobsmacked by the choice of ciders even in small local co-op branches.
I'm not a particularly enthusiastic cider drinker. It can be thirst quenching on a warm day and I drink it occasionally. Mrs TLY sometimes drinks cider when out for a meal instead of wine and she always demands Thatchers which is a large cider producer a few miles from Weston-super-Mare.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock