Ryanair has now agreed to put passengers of cancelled flights onto other airlines flights if there is no other alternative. The CAA wrote to Ryanair after it was concerned it was Ryanairs intention to fail to meet it's obligations. The regulator has said it will closely monitor the situation and will consider enforcement action if Ryanair fails to comply.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...160.189905884.1504446800-969737047.1432498792

Reading the comment of the Ryanair representative it doesn't look as if they have any intention of so doing though.

Reading the comment of the Ryanair representative it doesn't look as if they have any intention of so doing though.
I think it would have to be a last resort for them.
I know they are a big airline but I doubt they would want to have the CAA investigating them.

Surely most of the people "stuck" overseas will have found their own way home by now? Give it a few months and I expect we'll be hearing of all sorts of passenger claims, likely through the courts.

Looks like Ryanair have removed all there planned Summer 2018 flights programme from been on sale. This effects every single route, network wide. Also looks like the has been some major changes made to the winter 2017/18 programme from selected bases.

The media are reporting that Ryanair have just cancelled a further 18,000 flights.

Ryanair have confirmed that it is suspending the following 34+ routes for the whole of the winter 2017/18 schedule, which is due to commence from end of next month October 29th 2017 and run until March 24th 2018.

Bucharest – Palermo
Chania – Athens
Chania – Pafos
Chania – Thessaloniki
Cologne – Berlin (SXF)
Edinburgh – Szczecin
Glasgow – Las Palmas
Hamburg – Edinburgh
Hamburg – Katowice
Hamburg – Oslo (TRF)
Hamburg – Thessaloniki
Hamburg – Venice (TSF)
London (LGW) – Belfast (BFS)
London (STN) – Edinburgh
London (STN) – Glasgow
Newcastle – Faro
Newcastle – Gdansk
Sofia – Castellon
Sofia – Memmingen
Sofia – Pisa
Sofia – Stockholm (NYO)
Sofia – Venice (TSF)
Thessaloniki – Bratislava
Thessaloniki – Paris (BVA)
Thessaloniki – Warsaw (WMI)
Trapani – Baden Baden
Trapani – Frankfurt (HHN)
Trapani – Genoa
Trapani – Krakow
Trapani – Parma
Trapani – Rome (FIU)
Trapani – Trieste
Wroclaw – Warsaw
Gdansk – Warsaw

He certainly did. His criticism of pilots a while back apparently was aimed at those in other airlines, not at Ryanair's. Of course; we all believe him.

I've compared a week in November 2017 to the same week in 2016 of the Ryanair schedule from all UK airports.

Taking into account the recent cancelling of routes and reduction in flights across the RYR network, Bristol now has the largest increase in flights per week out of all the UK airports RYR serves!

Key:
Airport (RYR bases in bold) / Percentage increase in flights comparing Nov-17 to Nov-16

BRS / 10%
EMA / 10%*
(*This percentage would have been -9% however in November last year EMA's runway closed over the weekends meaning flights were squeezed into the week only. When comparing this year to a date from last year when the runway was reopened and a full schedule returned the percentage change would actually have been -9%)
LBA / 8%
EDI / 5%
STN / 3%

NCL / 3%
CWL / 0%
PIK / 0%
LPL / -3%
MAN / -4%
BHX / -5%
GLA / -6%
BOH / -8%
LTN / -19%

LGW / -32%
LDY / -44%
BFS / -57%
ABZ / NEW (Flights only started operating in 2017)

Summary:
The week I compared in November 2016 - BRS had 69 flights to 19 destinations.
The same week in November 2017 sees RYR operate 76 flights to 20 destinations. The new route is Cologne at 4x weekly, plus a doubling of flights to Venice (from 2x weekly to 4x weekly) and Bucharest (from 1x to 2x weekly).
The extra 7 flights gave it a 10% increase on last year.

For other examples:
STN had 26 extra flights this November, however as it's weekly total went from 1,003 last year to 1,029 this year, that makes it only a 3% increase overall.

BOH lost one flight per week and is down to 11x weekly flights in 2017 from 12x weekly last year giving it a 8% decrease.

CWL keeps the 2x weekly flights to TFS from last year with no changes keeping it at 0%

Irish Ryanair pilots of the Irish Airline's Pilot Association have voted in a secret ballot for a 1 day strike on the 20th December.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business...pilots-plan-strike-on-december-20th-1.3324473
And the German pilot's association Vereiningung Cockpit has also threatened industrial action at anytime over what it calls social dumping by Ryanair.
https://www.ukaviationnetwork.com/german-pilots-association-threaten-ryanair-strike-at-anytime/
And just to add to the mix, this note appears on the Ryanair website.

Ryanair has been notified by the Italian authorities (NOTAM) of potential disruption to flights to/from Italy from 13.00 to 17.00hrs on Friday (15 Dec next) due to a threatened strike by Italian Air Traffic Controllers.

Should this ATC strike go ahead, Ryanair will advise customers as early as possible, both on the Ryanair.com website and by SMS text message and email.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/possible-italian-atc-strike

And just to add to the mix, this note appears on the Ryanair website.

Ryanair has been notified by the Italian authorities (NOTAM) of potential disruption to flights to/from Italy from 13.00 to 17.00hrs on Friday (15 Dec next) due to a threatened strike by Italian Air Traffic Controllers.

Should this ATC strike go ahead, Ryanair will advise customers as early as possible, both on the Ryanair.com website and by SMS text message and email.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/possible-italian-atc-strike
Sounds like Ryanair won't have a merry Christmas along with many of their passengers.

The thing to remember is that Ryanair do not currently recognise any Trade Union's. I understand it mostly deals with pilots based at individual airports, So it's going to be interesting to see how this one plays out for the airline!

So it looks like then no mass pull out but a Ryanair UK then.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock