ADVERTISEMENT

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome back to the site Guest !

Ryanair

Discussion in 'Worldwide Airline Forum' started by TheLocalYokel, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Seasider

Seasider Well-Known Member

Media:
    The simple answer is no. They would have to reduce their fleet size considerably, or expand enormously which is a no go because there is not the market.

TheLocalYokel likes this.
  2. Jerry

Jerry Moderator Staff Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    Albums:
    There is another snag for them as well. At the moment the EU requires 50% of an airline to be EU owned so unless they wave the rules Ryanair's British shareholders may well be forced to sell up as the UK will no longer be part of the EU. I have no idea what that would do a company but I can't imagine it would be healthy for the stock price. It also could effect Easyjet as I believe Stelios still owns 33% of the shares and has dual British Cypriot citizenship? If he decides he's British then that could be a problem for them.

Seasider and TheLocalYokel like this.
  3. TheLocalYokel

TheLocalYokel Administrator Staff Member

Summer 2018

I don't think that Ryanair has announced any summer 2018 schedules yet for UK airports.

Last year they were well under way with their announcements for summer 2017 by July.

If they are waiting to try to get an idea of the type of Brexit that will ensue they might have to wait a long time. I wonder why they are later off the mark this year.

4. BHX492

BHX492 Member

Might be because of the bankruptcy of air Berlin and alitalia to what they can get there hands on

Brum X and TheLocalYokel like this.
  5. BHX492

BHX492 Member

6. jfy1999

jfy1999 Platinum Member

Media:
    Jerry likes this.
  7. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    Aviador likes this.
  8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    And I thought that 'idiot of the week' belonged on the BHX thread :cool:

Nine men were thrown off a Ryanair flight to Madrid after one of them shouted “Allahu Akbar” and joked that there was a bomb on board.

The flight, which was due to leave Zaventem airport in Brussels at 7am this morning, was delayed for several hours after the plane was evacuated because of the scare.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...b-joke/ar-AAr75hR?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

jfy1999, Seasider and Aviador like this.
  9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Another brawl breaks out this time on a flight from Newcastle to Alicante.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4846896/Brawl-breaks-Newcastle-Alicante-flight.html

The article ends.......

The passenger has been banned from flying with Ryanair.

How about banning them from all airlines, even if just for a set period of time?

Google tells me the Alicante to Newcastle takes 23h and 42 m by train with several changes along the way. No idea of the cost but I'd imagine that it could be considerably more than what they paid on Ryanair. Maybe one or two of these idiots might eventually learn their lesson.

rollo likes this.
  10. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Ray.

Complete pains just need banning full stop so the rest of the human race can get on with life I'm sure nearly everyone on this forum will have come across fellow passengers they'd rather have not.

RegaRollo

Ray Finkle likes this.
  11. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    Unfortunately it'll be a problem that will keep recurring. There will always be idiot's and because airlines like Ryanair have driven airport charges so low airport's have to rely on things like alcohol sales to make money.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  12. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    Michael O'Leary recently said in an interview that Norwegian Airlines only had 4 to 5 months left before they ran out of cash and went bankrupt, something Norwegian Airlines have denied. Norwegian have now revealed a possible motive for those MOL comments. They are attracting Ryanairs pilots, 140 with their last round of expansion and they are apparently going to establish a base in Dublin as well.
    http://nordic.businessinsider.com/n...as-bitter-for-losing-his-pilots-to-us-2017-9/

13. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
  14. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
  15. TheLocalYokel

Reading the article it seems to be just as much about having to accommodate crew leave as trying to improve time-keeping.

If Ryanair does manage to bring about a better punctuality record it will show that comparison stats about airlines' punctuality are next to worthless if an airline can seek to improve them by cancelling flights. Other airlines have been similarly affected by ATC restrictions, industrial action and adverse weather but don't seem to be taking this drastic step.

I'd be livid if I was an affected passenger as I was in the summer of (I think) 2008 when easyJet cancelled numerous flights in June of that year because they were husbanding (in their eyes) flight crew hours for the main summer period. I had two return flights cancelled. I was given about two weeks notice. What really stuck in my craw was having to use a premium phone line to get my fare money back.

I went cool on easyJet for a while after that.

Jerry likes this.
  16. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    It sounds a bit like spin, I'm wondering if Ryanair are starting to get short of crew? There was an article previously with the head of Norwegian saying Ryanair were bitter with them because there pilots were leaving and going to Norwegian because their terms were better.

TheLocalYokel likes this.
  17. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    Ryanair hoping to recruit 127 more pilots in the next 2 weeks! Where are they going to get them from?
    http://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-to-recruit-125-new-pilots-in-the-next-week-or-two-11046115

Also they don't rule out more cancellations in November as pilots have refused to fly through their leave even with a £12,000 bonus. Looks like this could drag on for a while yet.
    https://www.theguardian.com/busines...day-plans-michael-oleary-flight-cancellations
    https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ly-as-pilots-reject-offer-to-work-on-days-off

18. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    Ryanair has now agreed to put passengers of cancelled flights onto other airlines flights if there is no other alternative. The CAA wrote to Ryanair after it was concerned it was Ryanairs intention to fail to meet it's obligations. The regulator has said it will closely monitor the situation and will consider enforcement action if Ryanair fails to comply.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...160.189905884.1504446800-969737047.1432498792

Aviador likes this.
  19. TheLocalYokel

Reading the comment of the Ryanair representative it doesn't look as if they have any intention of so doing though.

20. Jerry

Media:
    Albums:
    I think it would have to be a last resort for them.
    I know they are a big airline but I doubt they would want to have the CAA investigating them.