airforced

Premium Member
Subscriber
May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
I'll be traveling back to the UK from Zagreb later in the year and wonder if anyone has any experience of the place?

From rooting about on the old interweb it seems to be a bit of a hick establishment with few facilities. Can anyone dissuade me from that view - please!?

Great video and looks like they have a nice shiny new terminal!
Is it me or did the prop stop just after take off?

Great video and looks like they have a nice shiny new terminal!
Is it me or did the prop stop just after take off?

I'm sure it's an imagery trick - something to do with the number of frames in the footage and the slowing of the prop makes it look like it's stopping during the noise abatement. Well that's my take on it, unless somebody else has a better answer?

Zagreb Airport was previously served by the likes of Wizz Air, easyJet and Norwegian Air Shuttle, however, all terminated their operations from the Croatian capital, but continue to maintain a notable presence on the coast where fees are lower.

Zagreb Airport was previously served by the likes of Wizz Air, easyJet and Norwegian Air Shuttle, however, all terminated their operations from the Croatian capital, but continue to maintain a notable presence on the coast where fees are lower.
I think it's safe to say it's an inevitable outcome. Airports need airlines and the business they bring. Customers will simply fly from airports further afield if they can find a flight cheaper elsewhere.

The lively debate that followed the Ryan news piece was just as interesting. Croatia Airlines seem, if the comments are correct, will be in for a hard time with the Ryan arrival.

It's been a very long time since I was at Zagreb. Tito was still president of Yugoslavia. Think many of the airports used now were military bases.

Flew LHR-Zagreb JAT B727. Remember being on finals and all you could see were tanks/armoured vehicles. Very heavy military presence in terminal long before we ever saw the same at LHR! Domestic flight Zagreb-Zadar, JAT DC9. First and last time ever used the under-tail stairs. Travel agent was Page & Moy who used to advertise in magazines. Always seemed cheaper than Thomson, Horizon, etc.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock