There was a actually Twin Otter waiting to depart after us this morning, I haven t seen one for years, funny after seeing the pic in the nostalgia section of one just a few days before .

COMPETITION Passengers stepping off their flights will now be greeted by our brand-new arrivals branding!

To celebrate, we're giving away a VIP package with Fast Track parking, lounge access and Duty Free vouchers. REPLY with your favourite Liverpool landmark to enter!
0:04

creates a #sense_of_place for international #passengers arriving into #Liverpool https://travelprnews.com/liverpool-...pool-6485885/travel-press-release/2019/08/29/

#travel

Details from Twitter of new international arrival revamp

COMPETITION Passengers stepping off their flights will now be greeted by our brand-new arrivals branding!

To celebrate, we're giving away a VIP package with Fast Track parking, lounge access and Duty Free vouchers. REPLY with your favourite Liverpool landmark to enter!
0:04

creates a #sense_of_place for international #passengers arriving into #Liverpool https://travelprnews.com/liverpool-...pool-6485885/travel-press-release/2019/08/29/

#travel

Details from Twitter of new international arrival revamp

I presume the tatty, worn out, `City of Culture carpet has finally been taken up :ROFLMAO:

Liverpool John Lennon aims to be the North of England’s most accessible airport
Collaborating with multiple stakeholders and organisations, Liverpool John Lennon Airport has numerous initiatives in place for passengers with reduced mobility.
Accessibility at Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) currently handles over five million passengers per year with flights to over 70 destinations in the UK and across Europe.
With a growing range of destinations increasing passenger traffic, one million more passengers now choose to use Liverpool compared to four years ago.
The airport is the award-winning ‘Faster, Easier, Friendlier Airport’ of choice for passengers from across the region and has been recognised for its relaxed, hassle-free environment and best-in-class operational performance including the UK’s only five-star airport rating for flight punctuality. Recent investments to improve passenger facilities and deliver an enhanced customer experience has seen positive passenger feedback now at an all-time high, with Liverpool recently having been voted as the Best Medium Sized UK Airport by the British Travel Awards as well as Best Airport (three to 10 million passengers per annum) by the Airport Operators Association.
[LIVE WEBINAR] IATA One ID: A vision for an end-to-end biometric passenger journey - 05 February 2020
This two-part webinar series will provide an introductory overview of IATA’s One ID process and the requirements, address the benefits and challenges of implementations from a multi-stakeholder viewpoint, as well as unpack some of the significant implementations we see in operation today.
Click here to register for free
Accessibility initiatives at Liverpool John Lennon
The airport consistently strives to create an easily-accessible journey for all passengers, regardless of any disabilities they may have and is aiming to be the North of England’s most accessible airport.
Accessibility Consultative Committee
To help achieve this ambition, the airport has established an Accessibility Consultative Committee which is made up of a cross section of individuals with various disabilities, disability organisations, airport colleagues and management who meet several times a year to discuss passenger disability access and best practise. This committee is proving to be a great asset to the airport and a voice for passengers with reduced mobility, as well as a forum to work with the airport to develop and improve facilities. There is a wide variety of representation at these meetings from a diverse mix of organisations including Action on Hearing Loss, Autism Adventures, The Brain Charity, The Dementia Action Alliance, Guide Dogs.Org, The Spinal Injuries Association, Stomawise UK, Whizz Kidz and independent travellers. Working with these various charities and organisations helps the airport to consistently improve the services it provides as well as having opportunities for these organisations to train staff in how to deal with specific situations.
Open days and site visits
Familiarisation is key to helping people feel more comfortable and at Liverpool John Lennon Airport staff understand that first-time fliers can feel nervous, and that for those with reduced mobility this can hold them back from travelling at all. One of the airport’s solutions to this is offering open days or site visits in which large groups or individual families can visit the airport and meet with staff before the day of travel.
Visits to the airport prior to travelling mean passengers can understand the different noises and environments they may be faced with, and prepare and feel more confident when they are setting off on holiday.
Recently the airport hosted a group of 16-18-year-old pupils from Abbot’s Lea School in Liverpool who all have Autism. For many of them, the airport was new territory with the potential for sensory overload, so being able to have a tour around was extremely beneficial as they were able to take in the environment at their own pace without the added stress of having to catch a flight. This was a great experience for both the school and airport staff as the teachers were able to feedback anything that they felt would improve the boys’ experience and help them prepare for going through the airport. By the end of the tour they all expressed how much they enjoyed experiencing the airport and many were eager to book a holiday, which was amazing to hear as many had never been abroad before.
The ‘Quiet Space’ scheme
One of LJLA’s busiest routes is to the Isle of Man, with many passengers flying over from the island to Liverpool for medical treatment and hospital appointments. In partnership with the trustees of the Isle of Man Breast Cancer Support Charity, the airport has created a fully-equipped ‘Quiet Space’ in the Departure Lounge, with comfortable seating options, flight information screens and a television for passengers returning home after treatment. This space is due to be extended in the near future as it has been extremely popular with passengers, making a huge difference for them in terms of comfort and peace of mind, knowing that they can travel through hassle-free, confident that the journey will not cause too much stress or worry.
Improving facilities and experiences with collaboration
At Liverpool John Lennon Airport, we work and collaborate with charities and organisations to both understand and improve the facilities needed to maintain a high standard of passenger experience for all.
Stomawise
By working with Stomawise for several years, the airport is proud to have been acknowledged for this work and has achieved an Ostomy Friendly Airport status. Working together has led to upgraded accessible toilet facilities as well as improvements in awareness training for security colleagues. Fully accessible facilities at LJLA include a fully equipped Changing Place.
Dementia Action Alliance
The airport is also working closely with Dementia Action Alliance to offer a wider range of modules for staff to use to better understand the needs of those with Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Put together by two individuals with Alzheimer’s, who through their own experiences highlight the obstacles and challenges they face when travelling through an airport, the modules show how staff can further assist them. These are an ideal learning tool for staff as well as a great way to work with organisations highlighting the struggles passengers may face that an airport may be unaware of.
Autism Together
As a region, Liverpool is working towards becoming an Autism Friendly City and the airport is proud of its own collaboration with Autism Together having signed up to the Autism Charter whilst also influencing other regional businesses to become Autism Champions. Within this partnership LJLA has introduced the Butterfly Autism Voucher which became the Butterfly (Sunflower) voucher which has now transformed into the Sunflower lanyard. Introduced to help travellers on the ASD spectrum, these lanyards have far-reaching benefits for other travellers who also request the voucher to help to self-mobilise. This independence allows passengers to go through the airport on their own, or with family or friends, whilst with the added assurance that all staff are aware that they might need more time, have questions or need a helping hand at some point.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is aiming to be the most accessible airport in the North West; with its collaborative efforts in engaging with existing and potential passengers, it is continuously improving and adapting to every passenger’s need. As the ‘Faster, Easier, Friendlier Airport’ of choice in the North West, LJLA hopes to instil confidence and independence for all passengers, regardless of any disability, in order to be able to enjoy the airport experience and have the opportunity to travel.

( From International Airport Review )

Travelling for the first time during the Covid 19 period. My experience so far , the terminal is certainly quieter than a normal July however there are more passengers than I expected to see. Hand sanitizer stations in evidence all round the terminal also 'keep your distance 'signage displayed including on floors in areas you might queue like security. Three security lanes open so was quick to process formalities .

Travelling this morning to Faro, as you hope to see all passengers i saw are mask wearing which you would hope particularly right now with the virus going the wrong way.

Security was fast , 2 belts operating which meant we were processed fast. Now having a coffee, fly at 09.35.
Not full array of shops eateries open as you would expect, but sufficient for passenger usage right now.

Travelling this morning to Faro, as you hope to see all passengers i saw are mask wearing which you would hope particularly right now with the virus going the wrong way.

Security was fast , 2 belts operating which meant we were processed fast. Now having a coffee, fly at 09.35.
Not full array of shops eateries open as you would expect, but sufficient for passenger usage right now.

View attachment 17275

In airport now, travelling to Faro. Last time was here was July and I can see a noticeable difference since then, car park busier and more people travelling. For some reason Royal Mail have suspended collections from the airport post box for a period, luckily the nice lady at the check in desk offered to post my letter for me.

Travelled last week to Malaga with Easyjet and back again last weekend.
No issues at check in or security, all very efficient.
Airport getting busier and it's very clean and tidy

We boarded from gate 2 and whilst the gate areas have been tidied up and looks more modern, the seating areas are so small...between gate 1 & 2 there was very little room and few seats! We were boarding an A320 which was almost full and there was a flight about to begin boarding next to us which looked quite full too, so I don't know what they were thinking in that respect!

Coming back, a long walk to immigration and then I was surprised to see still how small the hall is...whilst other areas of the airport have been extended and improved, immigration and the baggage hall are very small...especially if you have 2/3 full flights landing in close proximity!

Overall, impressed, but I hope improvements will be made in the future when funds are available, to the immigration and baggage hall areas.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock